Thu, Nov 02|
Lunch & Learn: The Synergy of Youth Mentorship & Workforce Development
Explore the future of mentorship and workforce development at this dynamic panel discussion and interactive workshop.
Time and Location
Nov 02, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
About the Event
Join MENTOR New York and guests for an immersive panel discussion designed to bridge the gap between mentorship and workforce development. We're diving deep into the often-overlooked facets of mentoring that might already be shaping your workplace. Our panelists are masters in the art of workforce development—and they're ready to share their insights for cultivating mentoring-minded environments across diverse careers. Topics will include:
- Mentorship in Retrospect: How is workplace mentorship adapting to the demands of the future?
- Insights on Workforce Development: Uncover the secrets to nurturing a dynamic workforce.
- Role Exposure Through Implicit Mentorship: Guide young talent to explore diverse roles and expand their career horizons.
- Steps Toward Intentional Mentorship: Learn how to make mentorship a deliberate and powerful tool within your organization.
- Gen-Z Adaptability: Stay ahead of the curve by understanding Gen-Z's unique mentorship needs.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): Ensure mentorship opportunities are accessible to and effective for all employees.
In this interactive session led by Joie Golomb, MENTOR New York’s Director of Programs and Partnership Development, you'll learn how to infuse mentoring mindsets into your workplace and build relationships with young people that facilitate their career exploration and professional development. We'll explore how mentoring relationships can inspire and guide youth, providing them with the support and resources they need to flourish in an ever-evolving work environment.