THANK YOUR MENTOR SWEEPSTAKES
November is Thank Your Mentor Month, and this year, with all that people are going through, we would like to make it as special as possible. Showing appreciation to those who have helped you find your way is an easy way to both encourage and inspire the next generation to step up to become mentors.
This November, MENTOR New York will be holding a #ThankYourMentor Sweepstakes to reward people who share their story through social media with our hashtag. The campaign lasts from November 9 – November 27. At the end of the month, we will draw a randomized winner from all posts made with the #ThankYourMentor hashtag to receive a $50 Visa E-Gift Card.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Publish a post on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter thanking a mentor outside your family, and include a photo or video.
2. Use hashtag #ThankYourMentor in your caption.
3. Tag MENTOR New York on the respective social media platforms: @MENTORNewYork
4. Tag 2 friends in your caption, encouraging them to do the challenge.
5. Make sure your post is public.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Sweepstakes period runs from November 9, 2020 (12:00 PM ET) – November 30, 2020 (12:00 PM ET). This sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Winners will be randomly selected and then contacted via direct message on the platform where they entered (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram). If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time the award notification was sent, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Winners must provide an address to process and deliver the prize, and may be asked for additional information. Employees of MENTOR New York are not eligible to win. By participating, you agree fully and unconditionally to the terms and conditions below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Thank Your Mentor sweepstakes ("sweepstakes") begins on November 9, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET and ends on November 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET (the "Promotion Period").
The administrator of this sweepstakes is MENTOR New York ("Administrator"). This campaign is not affiliated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. By participating in the sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to the Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the sweepstakes. The Administrator may be reached by email at during the Campaign Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at entry (the "Entrant"). Administrator and Partners, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, Affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees (the "Promotion Entities"), are ineligible to enter the sweepstakes or win a prize. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZE: One $50 Visa e-gift card
Only one (1) prize package per person. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winners. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Administrator will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
This sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States of America. Prizes will only be awarded to addresses within said locations. Prizes will be mailed to the residence of each winner. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the winners. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER
To enter, on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn please:
1. Publish a post thanking a mentor outside your family, and include a photo or video
2. Use hashtag #ThankYourMentor in your caption
3. Tag MENTOR New York on the respective social media platforms (Facebook , Instagram ,
Twitter , LinkedIn: @MENTORNewYork)
4. Tag 2 friends in your caption, encouraging them to do the challenge
5. Make sure your post is public
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Campaign Period in order to participate. Administrator’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The winners of the sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Campaign Period. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
MENTOR New York has the right, at its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. The entry must come from a person's individual account and not be a meme, community, company, or product account. The organization reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. The organization will not accept screenshots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook, sent to the account holder of the profile used to enter, within three (3) business days after the random drawing. Potential winners must accept the prize as instructed by the Administrator within 48 hours of notification. Administrator is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winners’ failure to adequately monitor any email or social media account.
8. TAMPERING WITH sweepstakes: Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this sweepstakes, as solely determined by Administrator, will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and/or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless MENTOR New York and its subsidiaries, Affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not (“Released Parties”). Administrator assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the sweepstakes or download of any materials in the sweepstakes; or (g) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.
If, for any reason, the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, the Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Administrator shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Administrator reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Administrator. Administrator and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the sweepstakes.
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MENTOR New York, 200 Park Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10166. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than 25 business days after the Campaign Period has ended.
11. USER CONTENT LICENSE: By using #ThankYourMentor with your submission in the The Thank Your Mentor sweepstakes ("sweepstakes") you hereby grant to MENTOR New York and its related companies, Affiliates, agents, licensees, sublicensees, contractors, successors, legal representatives, assigns, and third-party service providers, marketing or public relations agencies, and other affiliates (the “Licensed Parties”) a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable right to use your User Content in any manner to be determined in the Licensed Parties’ sole discretion, including but not limited to on webpages and social media pages operated by the Licensed Parties, in promotional emails and advertisements, and in any and all other marketing, promotional and advertising initiatives, and in any media now or hereafter known. The Licensed Parties may use, display, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works from, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit your User Content in any manner in their sole discretion.
You grant the Licensed Parties the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness, descriptions of you, location or other identifying information, including but not limited to your voice, in connection with any use of your User Content.
You hereby agree and represent and warrant that (i) you are solely responsible for your User Content, (ii) you own all rights in and to your User Content and/or have obtained appropriate rights and permissions from any and all other persons and/or entities who own, manage or otherwise claim any rights with respect to such User Content, (iii) that you are 18 years or older, (iv) that if children are depicted in the Submission, you are the parent/guardian with legal responsibility of any minors depicted in the Submission (v) the Licensed Parties’ use of your User Content as described herein will not violate the rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, moral, proprietary or other rights, of any third party, or any law, rule or regulation, and (vi) the User Content is not libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful, or offensive or otherwise unlawful.
You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold the Licensed Parties, and any person acting on their behalf, harmless from any liability related in any way to the Licensed Parties’ use of your User Content.
By using this Site or the Services, you are consenting to the Licensed Parties’ collection of any personal information you provide for the Licensed Parties’ use and disclosure in connection with the use of your User Content as described herein.
The Licensed Parties reserve the right to remove any User Content from the Site. If you believe any content, including User Content, residing on the Site or displayed or used in connection with the MENTOR New York’s Services infringes any person’s or entity’s copyright rights, please email us at:
11. ADMINISTRATOR: MENTOR New York, 200 Park Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10166.